Office of Dean of Students
Mr. David Busobozi
Ag. Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students serves a central role in student social life and development at UMU.
The Office is committed to promoting a campus environment that fosters academic success, personal growth and student development. We encourage students to actively pursue their academic and life goals.
Departments in the Office of the Dean of Students
The Office is responsible for students’ welfare, health, accommodation, meals and extra-curricular activities. Under the Dean’s office, there are sub-departments that work hand in hand for the well being of the students. These are;
- Warden’s Department
- Catering Department
- Infirmary Department
- Students’ Union
- Sports Department
- Counseling Department
- Alumni Relations Department
Students can access services at different campuses and sub-contracted centers within around the campuses.
Security and Safety
The personal safety and security of each student is both an individual and community concern. The University has partnered with Security Group (Uganda) Limited to provide security services.
While UMU strives to provide a campus environment free of undue risks to persons and property, it is each person’s responsibility to pay attention to his or her surroundings, to avoid hazardous situations, and to exercise his or her own best judgment to maintain personal safety and well-being.
Code of Conduct
All students are expected to bide by the Student code of conduct which can be downloaded from below.
Mr. David BusoboziAg Dean of Students
Duties & Responsibilities
Our core duties are to:
- Provide overall support and administration for University Student Services.
- Promote a campus environment which cultivates a sense of belonging.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop essential life skills.
- Create opportunities for students to integrate curricular and co-curricular learning.
- Maintain discipline within the student body.
- Encourage students to become engaged in campus, local, regional, national and global issues.
- Act as a liaison between the students’ body and the University administration.
DEAN OF STUDENTS
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498
Tel: (+256) 045 4660409
Fax: (+256) 038 2410100