Bachelor of Inclusive Deaf Education (Arts and Sciences)
Bachelor of Inclusive Deaf Education (BIDE) – Arts and Sciences is an innovative teacher training program
It aims at promoting an inclusive society for persons who are deaf and other disabilities to enable them participate, interact and tap their potential in the
community just line other individuals without disabilities.
This is in line with the United Nations Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disability (UNCRPD) of 2006, (signed and ratified by Uganda
on 25th September, 2008).
The Sustainable Development Goals Goal 4 to, “Ensure inclusive and quality education for all, and promote long life learning”
Our product provides:
1. Teachers with an inclusive orientation: speaking and teaching Uganda Sign language, teaching subject content, providing hearing health care
services and counselling to all learners.
2. Hearing health care: where students of various hearing levels and challenges are identified, diagnosed and educational guidance is provided (We
care about hearing differences).
3. Developing digital learning resources to be accessed from anywhere for pre-teaching and re-teaching or remedial teaching and the use of teaching
software (We care about learning differences).
4. Sign language teachers to teach Uganda Sign Language as a subject and to promote an inclusive society starting from schools.
5. Sign language interpreters who can effectively interpret academic content.
A’Level completion with a minimum of 2 principle passes.
Diploma in Education Secondary with a credit
|Tuition Fees per Semester (East African)||Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans)|