- Download 77
- File Size 374.46 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 7, 2021
- Last Updated December 9, 2021
Graduation Circular 2021.
Dear Graduand, Greetings and best wishes from Uganda Martyrs University (UMU). The academic journey you started some time back indeed has been too long, but at last your success is within sight. As the University prepares for your graduation, UMU Management would like you to take note of the following:
1. On behalf of University Senate, Management and the University community at large, I take this opportunity to congratulate you upon completing your studies and now looking forward to your graduation. I congratulate you and your family/sponsors most especially for striving amidst the hardships experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns, and ensured that this academic journey is successfully coming to completion.
2. Please be informed that due to unavoidable circumstances, the 27th Graduation Ceremony Part I will NOT take place on Friday 17th December, 2021 as earlier communicated. The Graduation has been POSTPONED to Friday 6th May, 2022 starting with the Eucharistic Celebration at exactly 9 O’clock, to thank God for bestowing His blessings and success on all of us. The details of the ceremony will be communicated in due course. We are very sorry for any incontinence caused.
3. On the eve of the graduation, that is on THURSDAY (5th May, 2022), the University will hold a Commencement Lecture whose target are the graduands and whose purpose is to further prepare you for the world of work. As always, the University invites people of repute to talk to graduands. You are therefore strongly encouraged to attend the Commencement Lecture on the eve of graduation. The Lecture will begin at 2.00pm prompt. The name of the Keynote Speaker and the entire program of the day will be communicated to you in due course.
4. The last Senate meeting to consider your results including those of your research projects will sit on THURSDAY, the 31st of March, 2022. A student, whose results would not be submitted by then, will not be part of the 27th Graduation Ceremony. H/She will wait for the next graduation slated to take place in November 2022.
5. Management would like you to note that clearance for graduation will be done from your respective Campus. Clearing shall start from the 3rd January up to 15th April, 2022 by the close of business. However, this does not stop anyone who would wish to clear between now and January, 2022. After 15th April, 2022, the name(s) of those who will not have fully cleared shall be removed from the 27th Graduation List. During the period of clearance with the Finance Department at your respective Campuses, endeavour to carry with you all your receipts (NCHE inclusive) to aid the reconciliation of your ledger. Your receipts might be demanded by the Finance Officers in charge. Only students who will have fulfilled all their Academic and Financial obligations with the University shall be considered for the 27th Graduation Ceremony.
For more information, please download the document